Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hydrogenesis - The Intro

So, I've finally gotten my first hydro grow going. I'm using DWC buckets with Rockwool cubes and Hydroton, along with the Lucas Formula and General Hydroponics Flora series (just FloraMicro and FloraBloom). This is my first foray into hydro, and my second into growing something.

There are two plants that will be featured during this grown. One is a clone from my White Noise plant that is currently (Feb 26th, 2013) in flowering. The other will be grown from a bagseed a buddy gave me from his OG Kush container. These plants will be right next to each other the entire time, unless there is some reason to separate them.

Also, I finally figured out how to use the jump break, so make sure you view the whole thing for photos!



The two above photos focus on the OG Kush plant, which I have nicknamed "OGenesis". Rather uninspiring, but still truthful. The root picture scared the shit out of me, because I thought I had the beginnings of root rot. But, I also use FloraMicro which stains roots. So now, I don't feel so bad lol.


This is the clone of the White Noise plant, which I have nicknamed "Moira Brown" (Fallout 3 anyone?) I honestly thought this plant was gonna die, along with her sister. It took almost 16 days for a root to pop through the bottom of the 3" Rockwool cube! But, now that she's in her bucket, her roots popped like crazy! Hopefully she will yield well, even though she's already been through a fuckton of stress.

Here's a little table outlining some dates, and to get us caught up. All dates featured in the titles in the future will reference these dates.

Event OGenesis Moira Brown
Germination Date 02/10/2013 N/A
Sprout Date 02/13/2013 N/A
Clone Date N/A 02/03/2013
Veg Start Date 02/18/2013 02/19/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment