Sunday, February 3, 2013

Test Grow - Day 32

Well, I headed over to the grow supply store today to grab a few things. I ended up grabbing some reflective Mylar so I could do the 'veg room' conversion, as well as some 3" rockwool cubes, so I could try my hand at cutting my own clones.

The veg room part went pretty well. I was able to cut the mylar semi-straight and keep it mostly clean. I know it will create hotspots, but it's not meant to be a perfect solution either. I didn't snap any pics, but it was really boring anyway. Just me, staplegunning some mylar to the inside of a cheap storage cabinet.

The cutting clones part, however, didn't go so well. I don't have a humidity dome, and I didn't cut any ventilation holes in the cabinet yet, so the temps in there just skyrocket. It's about 83* under my humidity dome (aka, my wife's plastic cake tray with a clear plastic top). I have a fan in there, but it's not circulating very well. I will have to cut an intake and exhaust vent soon if I actually want to use this for it's intended purpose.

Needless to say, the cut plants look wilty and terrible. I'm hoping they come back to life overnight, but I have very low hopes for them. Otherwise, I've flipped the main plant to flowering. The more I read, the more I feel I was a bit ahead of the game calling her a girl...but only time will tell.

Until next time, stay green!

No comments:

Post a Comment